Are you struggling to improve your rank on the Google SERPs? Maybe you are not using the best keyword research tool…
Understanding the fundamentals and your goals of your keyword analysis is the first step to selecting the best keyword research tool.
If affordability, comprehensive training and ease of use are factors in your decision then I have a recommendation for the best keyword research tool for you.
If money is no object and you just want all of the features and tools currently available then I also have a recommendation for the best keyword research tool for you.
There are many keyword research tools available on the market these days. Many are free and many will require an investment. It will be helpful to look at a quick comparison. I have selected a few factors that have been critical in my keyword analysis.
Factors that determine the best keyword research tool:
- Cost: The cost of the tool can vary from free to a monthly charge of almost $100 per month. You should take a hard look at your keyword analysis goals and how much time you are willing to invest in becoming proficient with the tool. The key will be to determine if you will commit to using the tool enough to recoup your investment.
- Training Provided: The tool with the most features will not do you any good if you do not master them and that will depend on how good the training is. I like for the company provided training to be simple to find and understand. I also want it to range from basic concepts to more advanced techniques.
- Compatibility: Whether you work in the same office 365 days a years or whether you travel around the globe might make a big difference on which tool you prefer. There are pros and cons to both the web-based tool and the downloaded tools.
- Ease of Use: The interface should be clean and straightforward. If your desk looks anything like mine, you don’t need any help being unorganized.
Based on this quick comparison, I recommend using the 7-day free trial period offered by Noble Samurai for the Market Samurai Keyword Tool. It offers far more information that the free tools about the competition and allows you to track the rank of your urls (and others that you do not control like YouTube). If after the free trial, you determine that it is an effective tool you can purchase the lifetime license. You can use the product forever for the cost of one or two months for the other paid services!
The best keyword tool will work with the fundamentals aspects of keyword analysis in mind and should have all aspects built-in.
6 Most Crucial Aspects of Keyword Analysis
In the event that you are seeking the secrets to keyword analysis then you must make certain that you have addressed these 6 key steps and that your tool is aligned with these steps.
Let’s see how Market Samurai can help.
If you spend time writing the best guides, blogs and create the most beautiful website ever seen, before you assess the following standards, you might find that you are the only one reveling in your content. And that does not help you generate profits.
- Brainstorm a List. Brainstorm a list of terms that will be relevant to your online site and your target market. You will need to choose and prioritize your content creation based on the following vital steps. All of the tools with help with this step. The free Google Keyword tool will help you quickly find a keyword lists based on your geographical preferences. You can then add this list to Market Samurai (in the Add keywords area) and conduct a more detail analysis of traffic, trends, relevance and many other factors.
- Assess Searches and Potential Traffic. Keyword analysis demands an idea of how much web traffic can come to your site once you achieve a specific ranking on the search engines. You must know that searches are distinct from traffic. 1000 people may search for a word each month but the number one placed site gets a large proportion of the traffic (about 36 %). The number two site gets another smaller slice (about 12 %), the third site gets a smaller portion (about 8 %) and so forth. You can see how essential it is to rank # 1, # 2, or # 3 on the search engine results pages (SERPs). Google Keyword tool data gives your searches while Market Samurai gives you traffic based on achieving the number one ranking for the keyword.
- Assess Competition. Keyword analysis requires a grasp of how much competition there is for a particular keyword string. You will need to know how many other sites and pages contain the same keyword string. It might be a very common keyword phrase on millions of pages or it might be a very niche term (We often call this a long tailed keyword) on just a few hundred pages. This will impact your ability to get the front of the search engines. Market Samurai allows you to set maximums for competition to help you in the next step.
- Assess Your Chances. Keyword analysis requires an understanding of how sound the competition is for a certain keyword string. Once you know how many pages and sites you are up against, you also need to know how powerful the competition is. Is the site skillfully optimized with thousands of back links or is it a simple site that has not been optimized? The second aspect of this step is to predict based on your current toolset and skill set, how likely are you to be able to beat the competition and take a spot from someone who is already ranking for the keyword or phrase. Market Samurai provides insight into the number of backlinks, number of government or educational backlinks, as well as on-page optimization.
- Assess Value of the Keyword. You think that you have found a few keyword phrases to pursue for your next set of articles. The fifth step is to assess how valuable the keyword is in the market. If that keyword string attracts visitors who never purchase anything and you intend to sell them something, then that is a wasted effort. That is just a hobby. So you want to select the words that have enough commercial value to make your development worth it. Check.
- Determine the Value that you can Add. The last and perhaps most important question that we must address during this phase of keyword analysis is, “What value can I bring to the discussion of this term?” Without the ability to add value to the discussion of a topic or product, you are unlikely to make much money.
There is lot to know about each component and the training provided with Market Samurai is top-notch and easy to understand.
Now, you can just skip to the bottom line.
Is there a tool available that I can afford that will do most of this work for me quickly and easily?
Absolutely !! Keyword Analysis can be simplified if you use the best keyword research tool that your budget will allow.
A GOOD SOLUTION: FREE. If you are just starting with keyword analysis and only plan to dabble in SEO then a good approach would be to stick with the free keyword research tools and blog or shoot videos based on trending keywords for the day or with “low competition, high traffic” keywords. You should understand that these low competition, high traffic keywords are probably general, non-buying keywords. In short, you may get some traffic but these searchers are generally looking for information rather than a specific product to purchase.
A BETTER SOLUTION: MARKET SAMURAI. If you are getting started and you plan to take your SEO efforts seriously, a better solution would be to purchase the best keyword research tool within your budget. I recommend Market Samurai. For only $149 for a lifetime license, you get a robust tool that helps streamline all of the steps described above. It will also track the rank of your webpages and the training provided is top notch. After watching 4-5 brief training videos, you will be confident that you can address each of the criteria mentioned above. Market Samurai is a downloaded program that runs on your PC or MAC. The only downside that I have found is that it can be slow. For example, it may take 45 seconds to complete the keyword generation step or conduct the keyword analysis. The tool has several modules: Rank Tracker, Keyword Research, SEO Competition and Domain, Find Content, Publish Content and Promotion. You can read more about how to use the Keyword Research Module here. They offer a 7 day free trial.
THE EVEN BETTER BUT MORE EXPENSIVE SOLUTION: SECOCKPIT. If you are seasoned with keyword analysis and have bigger budget, you can subscribe to SeCockpit. This product will reduce some of the word-by-word analysis required and organization required for Market Samurai as it is more streamlined and integrated within the product. They offer a monthly and a yearly subscription. This tool is web-based therefore you would be able to access your information anywhere. If you look around the site, you will see the SECockpit references Market Samurai a lot so they must view them as the primary competitor. SECockpit also provides social media data like FaceBook shares, Facebook Likes and Tweets. As social media engagement is expected to play a larger role in ranking on the SERPS, it might be helpful to get a head start on the competition by using this product. They offer a risk-free, 30 day money-back guarantee.
Whether you are using keywords to get organic traffic to your site or if you are using it to focus your paid marketing strategies, chances are you still have some missing pieces like an authority blog, high-converting capture pages, a merchant account, an auto responder, high-converting email copy, and much more.
THE BEST SOLUTION: Select the best keyword tool that you can afford (Market Samurai, SECockpit), build your keyword analysis skills and combine that with the turn-key system provided by Empower Network. You may ask, “What does Empower Network sell, anyway?” You can have access to the authority blog domain, capture pages, merchant account, auto-responder, email copy and much more by just clicking here.
P.S. Did you learn something? Do you want to learn more? If so, let me know — share your thoughts and comments below…..